What is it about labels that makes any environment, especially an office, more organized? Well, for one, labels look good! They are neat and orderly, and visually appealing. When I walk into an office and see labels, it automatically gives me the impression of being an organized place. It tells me that the people that work in that office took the time to categorize and name items, and then affix labels to them. If you want to instantly look more organized at the office, add labels!
But let’s face it — labels don’t only look good, they help an office environment function better and be more productive. It is easy to identify items, find them, store them, etc. An easy-to-use labeler, like the ones made by Dymo, works wonders in an office environment.
So, for 2011, here are ways to use a labeler at the office to get more organized:
- Postage meter – Dymo makes a labeler that also prints postage. How cool is that? I plan to use this feature a lot in 2011 to save me the trip to the post office!
- File folders – If you’ve read any of my previous posts, you know how much I love labeled file folders. Yes, I know I sound like a broken record, but there is nothing more professional looking than file folders with labels on them. It beats messy, handwritten labels any day!
- Print labels from your computer – Labels are easy to print using a Dymo labeler that synchs with your computer. You just type what you want the label to say on your computer screen, hit print, and voila — a professionally looking label every time.
- Name badges – Have a meeting or other event coming up? Use a Dymo labeler to print professionally looking name badges. A bonus — if you misspell someone’s name, you just run back to your office and print off a new badge.
- DVD/CD labels – You can use labelers to print labels for DVDs or CDs. That way, you can easily identify what the DVD or CD has on it. In the event that you share the DVD or CD with a business colleague or client, it looks professional and will more likely make its way back to you if the person knows its yours!
- Boxed lunches – If you host events at the office and often serve a boxed lunch, you can easily label each lunch with the contents so that people can easily identify what’s inside. For example, I am a vegetarian, so I appreciate when I can see which boxed lunch is a veggie option!
- Address labels – If you want professional looking address labels for your mailings, you can use a Dymo labeler to print them out and affix them to your envelopes. This makes mass mailings a lot easier and more efficient when you use the labeler software and print them out from your computer.
- Bar Code Labels – If you sell products for your business, you will love the ability to easily print bar code labels from a labeler. You can change the label every time you have a price change or sale.
- Inventory Labels – If you take inventory at the office, you will find the ability to print inventory labels extremely handy! It is easier to track inventory and, therefore, be more organized, and possibly save money too!
- Add your logo to labels – With many labelers these days, including those by Dymo, you can add your business logo to the labels. Now that looks professional!
Take the time to label your office, and harness the power of today’s new labelers. Your office will then not only be more organized, but will look it too!
Full disclosure: This is sponsored content and we have been paid to do this post. That being said, we do not blog about anything we do not believe in and Dymo did not edit our post or direct our content in any way.